Mic: Rode PodMic
The Rode PodMic is a solid dynamic mic at an affordable price. I prefer dynamic as opposed to condenser as dynamic mics do a better job reducing background noise.
Rode PodMic Cardioid Dynamic Podcasting Microphone
The PodMic is a broadcast-quality dynamic microphone optimized for podcasting. It has a rich, balanced sound, with an internal pop filter to minimize plosives and internal shock mounting to reduce vibration. The PodMic is optimized for use with the RODECaster Pro Podcast Production Studio, but wi...
Audio Interface: Elgato Wave XLR
The WaveXLR allows you to use any XLR mic with their excellent WaveLink software. It also features a capacitive mute button on the top.
Elgato Wave XLR - Audio Mixer and 75 db Preamp for XLR Mic to USB-C, Control Interface with 48V Phantom Power, Tap-to-Mute, Digital Mixing Software for Streaming, Recording, Podcasting on Mac and PC
A compact USB interface that gives your mic superpowers, Wave XLR packs features you won't find in conventional audio interfaces. Like proprietary Clipguard anti-distortion technology, a capacitive mute button, and direct integration with custom Wave Link mixing software. You can even swap out th...
XLR Cable: Mogami Gold
I heard from a few individuals that this was the best XLR cable available. The price is steep for a single cable, but I can attest, it’s worth every penny!
Mogami Gold STUDIO-02 XLR Microphone Cable, XLR-Female to XLR-Male, 3-Pin, Gold Contacts, Straight Connectors, 2 Foot
From large recording facilities to small project studios, engineers and artists trust Mogami GOLD STUDIO XLR Microphone Cables for professional results. Engineered to provide an enhanced dynamic range with a pin-drop quiet recording environment, Mogami GOLD STUDIO XLR Microphone Cables help to cu...
Camera: Sony ZV-1
A versatile camera that is built for vloggers and streamers. Don’t forget that you will need a mount and dummy battery for whatever camera you choose.
Sony ZV-1 Digital Camera for Content Creators, Vlogging and YouTube with Flip Screen, Built-in Microphone, 4K HDR Video, Touchscreen Display, Live Video Streaming, Webcam
Sony ZV-1 Camera for Content Creators and Vloggers, packed with advanced imaging technology and easy-to-use functionality.
Other cameras also work as long as they have the following features.
- Clean HDMI (Doesn't show on-screen camera functions on streamed video)
- 1080p Resolution (Minimum Resolution requirement, 4k is better but not required)
- Unlimited Runtime (Doesn't turn off after certain time)
- Continuous Power (Dummy Battery, replaces battery and plugs into wall, sold separately)
- Autofocus (Not required but very helpful, especially if not in a fixed location)
- Mic Jack (For external mic options below)
- Shoe on Top (For attachments and mics)
- Flip Out Screen (Allows you to see a preview when in front streaming)
- Doesn't overheat when running all day (Read reviews)
- Dummy Battery (Allows camera to run plugged in)
Elgato Key Light Air
Proper lighting is perhaps the most underrated element to any stream setup.